To deliver high quality social work services to UASC Looked After Children, Care Leavers and their naturally connected networks. this will be achieved specifically through:
- Participation and delivery of a variety of recruitment activities
- Initial visits to applicants through to assessment and approval at panel. Specifically undertaking response to enquiries home visits, processing of checks and recommendation to decision making panel
- Undertaking Assessments of Supported Lodgings Applicants.
- Working in a fully integrated way that includes other key professionals, agencies
- To participate in delivery of high-quality training or briefing in relation to the specifics of fostering Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children.
- Participation in recruitment activities to inform and educate the public about need for foster carers for this specific group of looked after children
- Social Work degree or equivalent e.g. CQSW, DipSW (With specialism in children's services
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Post qualification experience of assessment (preferably fostering/kinship/supported lodgings assessment)
- Experience of working with services users from ethnic minorities and those who have a protected characteristic
- Continuing professional development, including self-development
- Time management skills and the ability to respond flexibly to changing requirements
- The ability to work flexibly including evenings and weekends to deliver training and or undertake visits
- The ability to use information technology applications as relevant to the department
- Generates new innovative solutions to both straightforward and complex problems
- Develops and drives a culture of continuous improvement
- Works collaboratively with partners to influence the achievement of successful outcomes for the people of Leicestershire
- Ability to communicate clearly (demonstrating the use of communication/engagement tools) with children, young people, parents/carers, colleagues and other professionals
- Delivers a sustainable high service through understanding and keep to departmental and service priorities
- An understanding of, and commitment to Equal Opportunities, and the ability to apply this to all situations
- Possession of a valid driving license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to travel by car across the region to undertake visits, meetings and deliver training
- Must be registered with the Heath Care Professions Council
- Must be able to perform all duties and tasks with reasonable adjustment, where appropriate in accordance with the provisions of the equality Act 2020
How to apply
Should you wish to apply for this vacancy, please click on the following link:
Please do not click 'apply now' through this site as application forms will not be reviewed.
This post is the subject of an Enhanced DBS check
Please see the Job Description / Person Specification which are attached further down on this page For informal enquires please contact Val Coote, Tel: 0116 305 4872 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We particularly welcome applicants from black, minority, ethnic (BME) communities, disabled people and lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) communities, as they are currently under represented within our workforce.
For further information about working for Leicestershire County Council, please click here.
What we can offer you
As well as the satisfaction of helping to improve thousands of lives across Leicester, you can look forward to a work environment that encourages a healthy balance between you work life and your personal life. You’ll enjoy generous annual leave entitlement, membership of the excellent Local Government Pension Scheme and the option of flexible working. We’ll also give you the chance to develop your skills and expertise with a variety of training and development opportunities and career pathways. In addition, you can choose from a number of flexible benefits, including our fantastic salary sacrifice car scheme, big discounts at high-street outlets, childcare vouchers, discounts on city buses and trains, we may also be able help with relocation expenses if you are moving to the City, or need help with commuting costs.